You Won’t Find Better Service Anywhere!
If you have flooding issues in your Michigan basement, you may have heard about the benefits of sump pumps. Matheson Heating Air Plumbing provides comprehensive residential Commerce plumbing services, including sump pump replacement and installation and sump pump repair.
What Is a Sump Pump?
That’s a great question! A sump pump is located in your basement, either beneath the floor (if it’s a submersible pump) or above the floor. After water has collected in your sump basin, your sump pump discharges it to the outdoors.
Sump pump installation typically takes place at the lowest point of your basement. Without one, your home can be negatively affected during Michigan’s rainy season and when the snow melts. At Matheson, we offer state-of-the-art sump pump installations and repairs to protect your home from water damage.
Does My Home Need a Sump Pump?
If you aren’t sure if your home needs a sump pump, we can help. Our friendly sales team can show you the features of each one and analyze your needs based on the size of your home and its location. Or, if you already have a sump pump and find that it’s not removing water in the way that it should, we can fix it using the best quality parts. Keeping your sump pumps running smoothly is important, too. That’s why Matheson Heating Air Plumbing offers special preventative maintenance packages, including regular cleaning, to ensure that it’s free of obstructions and ready to go the next time there’s a heavy rain or snow melt.
Here is a list of important ways a sump pump protects your home from flooding and water damage:
- Keeps basements or crawlspaces dry
- Prevents mold and mildew
- Alerts you when the water level is too high
- Stabilizes the soil
- Adds value to your home
Sump Pump Installations
Our crew is highly skilled when it comes to sump pump installations. You can select from a variety of pumps and our plumbers will help you choose the sump pump that’s just right for your home and your needs. Regardless of the choice, a sump pump will help protect your home from water damage.
Sump Pump Repairs
Like any piece of equipment, a sump pump will wear out over time and need repairs. If you find your sump pump is not working properly, our expert plumbers can make sure your system is repaired to like-new condition.
Sump Pump Maintenance
Regularly testing your system ensures your sump pump will be operational during the next big downpour. Regular cleaning ensures the openings are free of obstructions so that water can be properly pumped out. Our team will be happy to help with your maintenance needs.
Tips on Choosing a Sump Pump
- Choose a submersible model over a pedestal if there’s enough space in your sump basin. With a submersible pump, your sump pit can be covered with a lid, which reduces pump noise and prevents debris from getting into the pit. A lid also can help keep moist air from entering your home.
- Opt for a cast iron core instead of plastic because cast iron helps to dissipate heat to the surrounding water. This increases the lifespan of your pump.
- To minimize clogs, choose a pump with a no-screen intake design paired with an impellor that can handle solids up to ½-inch in diameter.
- Make sure the switch is mechanical, not a pressure switch, and the float is solid to prevent it from becoming waterlogged and fail to switch off. This can result in your pump burning out.
- Look for a sump pump with an alarm that will warn you when the water reaches a certain level.
Local Sump Pump Repair You Can Rely On
The team at Matheson Heating Air Plumbing takes your home comfort seriously. Our plumbers and plumbing installers are professionally trained, licensed, and bonded, and we employ the latest, least-invasive plumbing techniques for all our services, including sump pumps.
We’ve been in business since 1946 and have developed customer relationships that go back generations. This is a testament to the values we base our business on: every day for every customer, 100% satisfaction! We have been honored with several awards over the years, including the Angi Super Service Award. We are also proud members of the ACCA and Rebuilding Together. With 24-hour service, we’re there when you need us most.
Our skilled plumbers can size up your Michigan home and give you an honest assessment on whether a sump pump is the answer to your flooding problems. To get started, call us at 248.363.4154 or fill out our convenient online form.