Come to Roost in Your Home
Most of us would agree that a plump, juicy turkey on the Thanksgiving dinner table would make us feel warm, cozy and right at home. But a rundown, energy-wasting “turkey” in the basement? That, no doubt, would send shivers down our spines.
That’s right. Your friends at Matheson are talking “turkey,” as in your furnace, heat pump or other heating system. And we’re going to share some of the reasons your heater could be acting like a “turkey” and need our outstanding heating system repairs.
- Strange Odors. When first installed, your furnace might have a strong smell, which typically fades over time. However, if you suddenly notice a lingering odor or smell something strange that appears unexpectedly and doesn’t dissipate, it’s time to have your furnace checked by your heating system professionals.
- Starting Problems. As heating systems get older, they can be more difficult to start and to keep running. When the problem becomes chronic, this is another reason to ask the experts to examine your system. Often, the issue can be fixed easily by cleaning or replacing a dirty filter or repairing indoor coils, the secondary heat exchanger or dirty flame sensor.
- Inconsistent Heating. Is your home warm and cozy at times but chilly and uncomfortable at other times—even when the thermostat is set properly? Are you finding hot and cold pockets throughout different rooms in your house? It’s probably time to have your system inspected! Hot and cold spots can be traced to a number of issues, including airflow problems, leaks in the ductwork, a dirty air filter and more.
- Higher Energy Bills. If you notice your monthly heating bill is climbing for no logical reason, it probably means your heater isn’t operating efficiently and needs to be serviced.
- Strange Noises. When it comes to your heating system, some noises are normal. But some noises are not. If you hear banging, rattling, groaning, clanging or other unusual noises, you should have your heater checked.
- Water Leaks. If water is pooling near your heating system, you probably have a water leak. Don’t worry. The Matheson team can take care of that, too! Causes of a leak include: a clogged condensation drain, a broken condensation line, an internal drain system clog or a humidifier problem (if it’s connected to your system). You should have this problem addressed quickly to avoid other issues, such as mold growth.
- CO Alarm Triggers. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can be deadly. One of the ways this gas can leak into your home is due to a cracked heat exchanger. If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, you need to leave your home immediately and call 911 and your heating and cooling provider.
This Thanksgiving, don’t let your “turkey” of a heating system upstage the main attraction. Our high-flying technicians are well trained, experienced, super friendly and eager to diagnose the problem with your system and fix it fast. Call us at 248.971.2994 or reach out through our website to schedule your appointment today.
At Matheson, we will never recommend a costlier heating system replacement when a more affordable repair will solve the problem. However, when you do need a replacement, you can count on us for a flawless installation and exceptional customer service experience.
During this season of thanks, we want to share our gratitude for you—our loyal customers. We wouldn’t be the strong, dependable, reliable company we are without your support. We are forever grateful and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours.