Mayday? Matheson Is Prepared to Bail You Out
Hiking, fishing, camping and swimming are incredibly popular summer activities in our area. As our state continues to reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic, the good news is that many parks and recreation areas are again available for our enjoyment. However, we all need to be aware of new rules and certain restrictions that are in place to keep everyone safe.
Even with fewer restrictions, some of us are choosing not to venture out as much this summer, opting for staycations that include family pools, splash pads, backyard fire pits, movie nights, virtual parties and more. Of course, the team at Matheson Heating, Air & Plumbing would like to remind you that all of this family togetherness can take a heavy toll on your plumbing. When you need a reliable, affordable plumbing repair services in West Bloomfield or nearby, you can count on Matheson to come to your rescue.
Here are six common summer plumbing problems:
- Blocked Toilets: During a typical summer, your toilets are used more frequently with children home from school and the family spending more time together. This year has been atypical with schools closed and many parents working from home. To avoid blocked toilets, everyone needs to use only as much toilet paper as necessary and to avoid flushing other items, such as baby wipes and feminine hygiene products, down the toilet.
- Garbage Disposal Clogs: Those outdoor barbecues are great summer staples. During cleanup, though, avoid putting food scraps in the garbage disposal that don’t belong there. Examples include: bones, melon rinds, corn cobs and pits from peaches, nectarines, etc. Plus, never pour grease or oil down the garbage disposal.
- Washing Machine Overload: Your washing machine takes a beating during the summer months with lots of grass-stained, sweaty clothes, dirty sneakers, pool/beach towels and more. Do not overload the machine, to avoid problems such as blockages and overflows. Make sure to check regularly for any leaks or kinks in your hoses and opt for smaller loads.
- Sump Pump Problems: Heavy summer rainstorms can cause basement flooding. If you have a sump pump, make sure it is working properly to avoid disasters. Don’t have a sump pump? Our team will be happy to install one for you.
- Hot Water Heater Woes: Extra bathing and clothes washing means extra duty for your hot water heater. If your hot water heater is at least 10 years old, call us to inspect it to make sure it’s ready for summer.
- In-Ground Sprinkler Challenges: If you have a built-in outdoor sprinkler system, check the heads and hoses to make sure they are not damaged. Small leaks can result in a huge waste of water over the summer.
Call Us Today to Schedule an Appointment!
Matheson Heating, Air & Plumbing is on duty and ready to serve you—from your plumbing challenges to your air conditioning needs, including installation, repair and maintenance of your ductless air conditioning. Call us at 248.277.5762 or contact us on the web to sign up for our Top Rank Service Plan or to schedule an appointment.