Or Other Signs of Plumbing System Problems
The start of a new year is a great time for fresh starts—not just for you but for your home, too. For instance, have you been providing your plumbing system with the TLC it needs to stay fit in 2021? If not, it’s time to rethink your strategy—or prepare for a potential plumbing disaster.
Of course, when you need a professional plumber in South Lyon or nearby, your friends at Matheson Heating, Air & Plumbing are the ones to call. Our licensed plumbers are knowledgeable, friendly and can tackle any problem you face.
5 Signs of Trouble
We know that many homeowners don’t pay enough attention to what’s happening behind the walls, but those hidden pipes are working overtime to keep your household running smoothly. And they can’t do it alone. They need proper maintenance and repair. So we’ve created a list of issues that you simply shouldn’t ignore.
- Low water pressure. There are many causes for low water pressure, including leaks, clogs or improperly sized pipes. A plumbing pro can get to the bottom of this.
- Strange sounds. When you turn on your faucet, do you hear a screeching sound that makes you wonder if your house is haunted? Any sounds coming from your pipes indicate there is air inside of them, which could mean there’s a problem with your bleed-off system.
- Nasty smells. P-U! Those unpleasant odors coming out of your drain are a sure sign that something is amiss. If the smells are limited to your kitchen sink, the problem could be food scraps or debris that have built up in your drainpipe. Or do you smell rotten eggs? This smell is usually the result of a blocked drain vent that is causing sewer gases to back up in the pipes and enter your home. Finally, if there are smelly drains throughout your home with frequent clogging problems, the culprit could be the sewer line.
- Stained ceiling or walls. Do you have brown stains on a ceiling or wall? If a bathroom, kitchen or laundry room is located above or near the problem area, it’s probably a leaky pipe.
- Water taking too long to get hot. Your water heater could be on the fritz. The reason could be an unlit pilot light, thermostat problem or sediment buildup in the tank.
Water taking too long to get hot, or running out of hot water too soon. And then the problem in the description = faulty water heater, followed by the explanation you wrote?
At Matheson, we’ve been resolving even the trickiest plumbing problems for nearly 75 years. We’ve seen what can happen when homeowners ignore the telltale signs of trouble. It’s not pretty—and it’s not cheap! So we highly recommend you address minor plumbing issues before they snowball into major disasters. We also encourage those do-it-yourselfers out there to leave plumbing repairs to the experts. DIY efforts can end up causing even more damage, which means larger messes and higher repair bills.
Here are just some of the consequences of ignoring minor plumbing problems:
- Broken pipes or sewer lines
- Serious water damage to ceilings, walls and floors, requiring drywall replacement and renovations
- High water bills
- Mold and mildew growth
Call Our Crew Today!
In addition to plumbing repairs and installations, you can trust the team at Matheson to deliver other exceptional services, including heating installations and repairs, cooling installations and repairs, indoor air quality services, water treatment and more. When you need us, call 248.277.5762 or contact us on the web.