It’s the hottest month of the summer and your AC system is working overtime to keep you cool and comfy. This increases the risk of problems that require repair, especially if you’ve had your unit for a few years. At Matheson Heating • Air • Plumbing, we have seen it all—and fixed it all. We’re the team you want at the controls when your system starts to take a nosedive. We’ll use our expertise and training to get you back on course with our top flight AC repairs.
Here are some of the signs that your AC unit is on the wrong flight pattern and needs our reliable piloting skills:
- It’s Blowing Hot Air. Your compressor might be on the fritz or you could have a refrigerant leak. We can diagnose and fix either of these problems in a jiffy.
- There’s Moisture Around Your System. You should never ignore moisture or leaks. This could be a minor problem, such as a block in the drain tube that funnels the condensation away from your unit. However, it might be something more serious, like a refrigerant leak. Either way, this problem needs to be fixed quickly to prevent further issues. Please be aware that excess moisture creates the perfect environment for mold, which can be harmful to your health.
- Your Unit Is Making Strange Sounds. Grinding, grating, squealing or other loud sounds are signs of trouble. The sooner you call us to resolve the problem, the more likely it is that your system can be repaired—instead of replaced.
- What’s That Smell? Musty smells could mean a mold problem. Strong, pungent smells may indicate the wire insulation is burned and needs to be replaced.
- Is It Humid in Here? If the air inside your home feels sticky, your AC system may not be operating properly. Let us improve the cabin pressure.
At Matheson, we’ll never try to steer you toward a costlier replacement when a reliable repair will do. However, we’re the ace you want at the controls when you do need our superior installation and replacement services.