Our Late Summer Maintenance Is Top Flight
As some parents continue to work from home and many children begin this school year virtually, it’s more important than ever that your air conditioner is in shape to tackle the last gasps of hot weather.
We know. We know. There’s so much going on these days that it’s hard to think ahead. But you don’t want to spend the start of the next summer season replacing a home air conditioning unit in Farmington Hills or wherever you call home. To avoid that, we highly recommend a late-season tune-up for your air conditioner, especially if it is giving you hints that it is struggling.
These are just some of the signs that your air conditioner needs a tune-up or repair:
- Your monthly energy bills are on the rise—and there’s no logical reason for it. This is a huge red flag. It could mean that your system is on the fritz—not operating at peak efficiency. When this happens, your unit uses more energy to cool (or try to cool) your indoor space, which makes your energy costs climb.
- Your system is throwing out only warm air. If you have your thermostat set properly, but you and your family are sweating, it’s time to call us to get to the root of the problem.
- The airflow from your vents is weak. This could mean you have a leaky duct or clogged filter.
- Temperatures in your home fluctuate from room to room. In some instances, different temperatures in different rooms can be the result of sun exposure, airtight windows or insulation. However, they also could mean your AC needs attention. We’ll help you figure it out.
- Your unit is short cycling. A full cooling cycle for AC units is typically about 15 minutes. If your AC’s compressor is turning on and off every 10 minutes or less, one of these issues could be the problem: a clogged air filter, dirty motor, refrigerant leak or failing capacitors.
- You notice strange noises coming from your unit. Unless your system is new, you know what noises are normal—and what noises are not. Unusual noises are a sign of trouble.
- Your unit smells musty. The problem here could be a broken, blocked or leaking drain tube on your outdoor compressor. We can fix this minor problem before it becomes more serious.
- Your system hasn’t had any TLC in a while. If it’s been over a year since your system has been serviced, give us a call. Regular maintenance keeps your system running efficiently and affordably. It also allows us to catch those little issues before they spiral out of control into big issues.
Don’t Delay! Call Matheson Today!
When it comes to your air conditioner, procrastination is never a good option—even if cooler temperatures are on the horizon. Trust the team at Matheson to identify and fix the problem quickly and affordably. We’re the experts you need for your traditional AC system in Bloomington or your ductless air conditioning in Highland. Call Matheson at 248.277.5762 or contact us on the web to schedule an appointment.