Code of Ethics and Competency Guide
Matheson Heating • Air • Plumbing is the only company in the state of Michigan that requires all of it’s employees to abide by the Code of Ethics and Competency Guide for Heating and Air Conditioning Companies. This comprehensive guide lists 20 requirements that protect our customers (the homeowners) from unpleasant and negative experiences that are typical in this industry. You can download the entire guide by clicking on the image of the guide on the left, or you can read the content below:
Every employee of Matheson Heating • Air • Plumbing will meet the following set of requirements to protect our clients and ensure their satisfaction:
Professionalism and Competency
- Each Service/Installation Technician shall have a minimum of 3 years experience or equivalent technical school training. Each Maintenance Technician shall have a minimum of 1 year experience or equivalent technical school training.
- Each Comfort Advisor shall be certified by the Building Performance Institute (B.P.I.) as a Building Analyst and Envelope Professional with the ability to accurately calculate energy usage, system sizing, equipment efficiency degrade analysis, infiltrometer house leakage, duct leakage, and infiltration rates.
- Every employee shall maintain that the customer is “always right” and assist all clients in becoming informed consumers. Each employee will do whatever is necessary to resolve any client’s concerns.
- Every employee shall act honestly and work with integrity while serving on our team.
- Employees shall never use profanity or tobacco in the presence of customers. (A $100 fee shall be paid to the customer if profanity or tobacco is used in their presence.)
Ethical and Personal Requirements
- Every employee must be screened with a background check.
- Every employee must pass a DHS Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Every employee is required to take a drug test and will be subject to random drug tests at any time.
- Smoking is not allowed in or around a customer’s residence, the company’s office or vehicles. Employees must be conscious of cigarette odors that linger on the body and use a scentless odor neutralizing spray to mask the smell.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited while on duty.
Dress Code and Personal Appearance Policy
- Every employee will adhere to our company dress code/appearance policy.
- Comfort Advisors and Technicians will wear a blue shirt embroidered with their name and the Matheson Heating • Air • Plumbing logo—properly identifying them as Matheson employees— and blue cargo pants. Home Performance Test Specialists shall wear a white shirt embroidered with their name and the Matheson Heating • Air • Plumbing logo—properly identifying them as Matheson employees— and blue cargo pants.
- Only clean, pressed, and properly fitted business attire shall be acceptable.
- Hair will be clean, combed, and neatly trimmed.
- Good personal hygiene must be maintained.
- Piercings are not allowed on the face or in the mouth.
Care and Respect of Client’s Property
- Every employee will take extreme care and effort to protect ALL client property including structures, fixtures, furniture, flooring, and landscaping
- Every employee shall leave the client’s property in the same (or cleaner) condition as it was upon arrival.
- Every employee shall respect the client’s privacy.
- Every employee shall wear clean shoe covers indoors at all times.
Contact Us Today
With the Matheson Code of Ethics in place, you can trust that our workers are held to the highest industry standards and that your home will receive the best care. Call our team at (248) 277-5762 to get started or submit our online form.